At Jessie Whaley Maxwell Elementary, we, as an inclusive community and in partnership with parents and community, develop our students’ independence, critical thought, and enduring love for learning.
Who We Are:
At Maxwell, we intentionally create a positive, cohesive, proactive school culture in service of achieving our mission – developing our students’ independence, critical thought, and enduring love for learning. Our team lives by our DPS shared core values, as we have “students-first” at the forefront of everything we do.
Our school-wide culture at Maxwell is build through consistent teaching of our Maxwell Core Values. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Our Maxwell Core Values:
- Integrity – We do the right thing, even when no one is looking. We tell the truth, and we keep our promises. We are responsible for our actions and we make good choices!
- Perseverance – We work hard and we grow from feedback. We set high goals and have the determination and tenacity to never give up. We have a growth mindset, and keep trying, even when things get tough.
- Joy – We love learning and are passionate about what we do. We are excited and curious to learn new things. We choose to create a loving, smiling, positive community.
- Kindness – We treat others as we would like to be treated. We include everyone and we standup for others.
- Collaboration – We work together to accomplish our goals. We share our thinking and we work well with others so we learn more!